Saturday, March 26, 2011

Biographies Project

For my typography class, we were given a biography assignment. We had to pick 5 well documented people that are somehow connected and design something. It had to include a photo, a bio, a timeline and a list pertaining to each one.
Naturally my 1st thought was elvis! (with a little influence from MDQ) I thought I would design a box set paying homage to Sun Records and designing records for the top 5 most famous Sun artists: elvis, jerry lee, perkins, cash, and roy orbison.
Then I though, this is going a bit too far. I'm already branding the Rockabilly Music Preservation (which wasn't directly influenced from MDQ... I just really like that music). So I came up with another idea. I wanted to do something with NFL quarterbacks (mainly because I really wanted to do a project that included Mark Sanchez... and then I couldn't leave out Eli). Obviously that concept didn't go much further than that. My teacher liked the record one better.... soooo that's what I ended up doing.

I was going to design 5 album covers along with the backs, the label on the records, then a book; one side which includes the bios and the other the timeline.

Frontback

Frontback

Front back

Frontback

Frontback

Labels that will go on the records:
The book:
timeline

 bios
Although they aren't able to read on screen (since their size is 36x12") they will be back to back and accordion fold.



No comments:

Post a Comment